• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Thailand

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

the sabi man

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I was married in hawaii for 13 years but now live in thailand .My wife came here and could not handle culture shock.And now has left the country with my 8 year old son back to hawaii .She wishes to end the 13 years .How will the court lookat this as far as time to see my son,child support,etc.are marriage has no meaning here as we are americans.(HELP)Also all my seperate assets are all abroad except are condo in hawaii.And by US standards my monthly income is 1,000 USD but by Thai standards 40,000 Baht .How will child support be delt with also.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I would imagine that you'll be subject to Hawaii support guidelines. As for visitation, I don't see anything beyond summers & (maybe) school breaks with you (assuming she's going to get custody) as being realistic.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">