• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Thanks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? OH

My divorce is final. We both agreed everything was fair and my ex (sounds weird to say that) and I are on friendly terms. We see eachother at gatherings for our kids, and normally he has his son with him. I even have to admit that his son is a cute well behaved little boy. I even have a date for the 4th...YIKES!

So I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me through this and understand the legal system a little better. I'm sure you guys don't get enough thanks for your advice...just want you to know it's appreciated from me. Hopefully, I won't have any reason to be back here, but again...thanks.

fairisfair

So glad to hear that you are well and wow!! a date even!!! Good for you.

It is time to change your moniker.

You cannot be this sucks anymore!!!

Bali Hai

What is the name of your state? OH

My divorce is final. We both agreed everything was fair and my ex (sounds weird to say that) and I are on friendly terms. We see eachother at gatherings for our kids, and normally he has his son with him. I even have to admit that his son is a cute well behaved little boy. I even have a date for the 4th...YIKES!

So I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me through this and understand the legal system a little better. I'm sure you guys don't get enough thanks for your advice...just want you to know it's appreciated from me. Hopefully, I won't have any reason to be back here, but again...thanks.
You're welcome, I was glad to be of service, and don't forget to claim the alimony as income on your taxes this year.

What should I do?

OK this is too weird. I had hoped that I wouldn't be back here, but I just got into a situation that I'm not sure is OK or not. My son was dropping my grandson off to spend some time with me. His brother (not my son) was with him. While I was talking to him outside my son got an emergency call from my daughter in law and had to rush off and asked if I could watch his brother. Due to the nature of the emergency I said yes of course. I called my ex to let him know I had his son and it might be a good idea to pick him up, but he's giving a presentation tonight and didn't answer his phone which I knew he couldn't but I wanted to leave the message anyway. Can I have this boy at my house? He's just playing with his nephew :rolleyes: So it's not a problem for me, but I don't want to get into any trouble because his mom doesn't even know where he's at. Since it's his dads time and his dad left my son to watch him and my son left me to watch him...is that OK?

My goodness...last year this time we were traditional!!!! :eek:

LdiJ

OK this is too weird. I had hoped that I wouldn't be back here, but I just got into a situation that I'm not sure is OK or not. My son was dropping my grandson off to spend some time with me. His brother (not my son) was with him. While I was talking to him outside my son got an emergency call from my daughter in law and had to rush off and asked if I could watch his brother. Due to the nature of the emergency I said yes of course. I called my ex to let him know I had his son and it might be a good idea to pick him up, but he's giving a presentation tonight and didn't answer his phone which I knew he couldn't but I wanted to leave the message anyway. Can I have this boy at my house? He's just playing with his nephew :rolleyes: So it's not a problem for me, but I don't want to get into any trouble because his mom doesn't even know where he's at. Since it's his dads time and his dad left my son to watch him and my son left me to watch him...is that OK?

My goodness...last year this time we were traditional!!!! :eek:
Ok...it was an emergency and you are simply helping out. You aren't going to get in any trouble over this. You are simply an emergency babysitter. However, its quite possible that mom won't be pleased, and that it could cause some drama for your ex.

Thanks. I can't imagine that she will be happy, but as long as I can't get into any trouble for having him here. I'm OK with it. It's just odd...and I don't know how long he will be here. I don't know if he needs to be returned tonight either...which is another concern.

LdiJ

Thanks. I can't imagine that she will be happy, but as long as I can't get into any trouble for having him here. I'm OK with it. It's just odd...and I don't know how long he will be here. I don't know if he needs to be returned tonight either...which is another concern.
Ok...then call your son and find out whether or not the child is supposed to be returned tonite. Your son should know since the child was left in your son's care. If the child is supposed to be returned tonite, then find out from your son when and where (unless your ex is going to be available in time to handle the return) and return the child.

If you have to return the child fully explain the situation to mom and make sure that she understands that you feel awkward about it but that there was a true emergency and you were only trying to help out.

Thanks. I put a call into my son's cell phone, but he's at the hospital with my daughter in law...she's newly pregnant. I don't have a car seat to even return him if he needs to be... my son flew off, which I understand. My ex, I don't believe will be available until much later because they always have a mingle ****tail hour after these things.

I can call one of my daughters for his mothers number. I suppose I should do that...right? I guess my name fits...this sucks!

LdiJ

Thanks. I put a call into my son's cell phone, but he's at the hospital with my daughter in law...she's newly pregnant. I don't have a car seat to even return him if he needs to be... my son flew off, which I understand. My ex, I don't believe will be available until much later because they always have a mingle ****tail hour after these things.

I can call one of my daughters for his mothers number. I suppose I should do that...right? I guess my name fits...this sucks!
You can call one of your daughters to see if they know whether or not the child has to be returned tonite....you can also ask for the mother's number "just in case". But don't get too worked up about this just yet. You could even call directory assistance to see if you can get a number for mom.

This is just one of those ackward moments in life...where nothing goes the way it is supposed to go. Hopefully your ex will be smart enough to check his messages...which will eliminate the problem for you, if not for him...LOL

I got the number and I called her. I left a message and she called right back. He was suppose to be returned a little while ago. She was leaving messages for my ex too. She thanked me and said she would be right over. This is SO weird...I will be handing her son over to her...who is my (ex) "husbands" son...which is why we seperated!

Anyway, he will be where he needs to be in about 15 minutes. Thanks everyone!

She came and picked him up. It was odd for the both of us. She thanked me and was very polite, but I knew she was fuming...with my ex...which I guess she should have been, because I'm just as mad as her (at him) for being put into this situation.

Thanks for helping with my panic!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You did the right thing! Glad the two of you put the child first. She probably is mad at your ex and truthfully that is understandable.

Bali Hai

She came and picked him up. It was odd for the both of us. She thanked me and was very polite, but I knew she was fuming...with my ex...which I guess she should have been, because I'm just as mad as her (at him) for being put into this situation.

Thanks for helping with my panic!
If you're going to actively participate in future "emergencies", buy a car seat and some emergency rations for the kid with your alimony check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">