• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are there any options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kab1021

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

My husband and I separated at the beginning of June and he filed for divorce on July 10. I was served papers on the 25th of July, but did not sign them. My husband and I discussed what I wanted changed in the papers, which were the parts concerning our two daughters, and he agreed to have the papers changed. He told me in the week of August 11-15 that he had notified his lawyer and she was working on the changes. I received a notice in the mail on the 16th that she had requested a court date and that I was in default due to failure to respond within the twenty days. If I had known he was not having the changes made I would have filed a response. Are there any options for me now?

H

hexeliebe

Yes, go get an attorney now. YOu are not equipped to handle this pro se since he already has an attorney.

H

hexeliebe

Hey big guy;

Had a week in Belize laying on the beach and thinking of getting a life.

Just got back and thought I'd see what was happening.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hexeliebe said:
Hey big guy;

Had a week in Belize laying on the beach and thinking of getting a life.

Just got back and thought I'd see what was happening.

My response:

Welcome back!

It's time to get the sand out from between your toes, and hunker down to answer some questions!

Yea! My buddy is back!

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

I'll be back in full force tonight....right now I'm getting my mojo unpacked and picking the sand out of my shorts....

It was a berrrrrry berrrrry good vacation :D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hexeliebe said:
I'll be back in full force tonight....right now I'm getting my mojo unpacked and picking the sand out of my shorts....

It was a berrrrrry berrrrry good vacation :D

My response:

Okay! We'll see you in a couple of hours. I'm glad you had a good, relaxing vacation.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">