• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is there a statue of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spanky0666

What is the name of your state? california
i was wondering if there might be such a thing as a commond law divorce. my wife left me back in 1991 and i never had contact with her since. lately i have been thinking of getting remarried and not sure if we are considered as still being married or not, i just don't want to be arrested for bigamy. is there a statue of limitations that lagally allows me to remarry. any advice would be wonderful and greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state?

XNavyLT

What is the name of your state? california
i was wondering if there might be such a thing as a commond law divorce. my wife left me back in 1991 and i never had contact with her since. lately i have been thinking of getting remarried and not sure if we are considered as still being married or not, i just don't want to be arrested for bigamy. is there a statue of limitations that lagally allows me to remarry. any advice would be wonderful and greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state?

You need to file for divorce. A this point, you could do it by publication after so many years. Can you find her? If so I'm sure she would sign no problem.

YES you're still legally married!! No statute on marriage, how would you prove you were not living together last week?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">