• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a statute of limitations on a divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dazy

Florida --

My husband and I are seperated and have been for 10 years now. I have filed for divorce before but he refuses to sign or he sends the forms back saying he doesn't want a divorce. I know he's just doing it to keep me from being happy with someone else, it's not because he still loves me. We have kids together but neither of us have custody of them due to trouble he got into when we were first married and we lost custody. My mother has them now. I live in the same state with my children (florida) he lives in California and has been in and out of jail for a while now. Is there a certain amout of times I can file for divorce or after a while maybe a judge will see that he's just trying to keep me from being with someone else? Please let me know if you've had any similar situations and what I should do.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">