• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there such a thing as a legal affair?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vaguy10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

My wife has recently told me that if I wanted to have sex with someone else, she was completely fine with it as long as I don't fall in love and want to leave her. I asked her for that in writing and she obliged. Would this even hold up in court...

Silverplum

My wife has recently told me that if I wanted to have sex with someone else, she was completely fine with it as long as I don't fall in love and want to leave her. I asked her for that in writing and she obliged. Would this even hold up in court...
Your question is distasteful, and I barely see the "need" to help you. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

However, it is my pleasure to tell you that VA is a hardcore state. :p

Here's one piece of info:
LIS > Code of Virginia > 18.2-365

Google for more, if you wish.

>Charlotte<

Lurker

By the way, that paper she signed? Ain't worth a thang.

mommyof4

Did it say whether or not he had a note from his wife? :p

Dear Judge:

Please excuse my husband's infidelity today....
Do you think it would have the same power of enforcement as say....a doctor's note for when one misses work? :p

I honestly think I would bust a gut laughing IN the courtroom if I was ever lucky enough to witness the trial where the note was presented.

Silverplum

Do you think it would have the same power of enforcement as say....a doctor's note for when one misses work? :p

I honestly think I would bust a gut laughing IN the courtroom if I was ever lucky enough to witness the trial where the note was presented.
I always keep that VA link because, for some reason, I always NEED it. :cool:

What IS it with those Virginians? :eek:

tranquility

I believe the general theory today is that Lawrence v. Texas would also apply to adultery. True, it's different and the justifications not the same, but that's the general legal scholarship right now.

xylene

If you are serious about this you need to consult a lawyer and draft a post-nuptial agreement.

That said you cannot waive one of the rights / reasons for wife to divorce you under the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">