• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Things are missing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mpita39

:confused: What is the name of your state? MI

Yesterday, I came home and found myself locked out of my own home. Husband had locked all the doors and windows and our daughter was inside with him (10 yr old). He had kicked my two boys from a previous marriage outside and they were over at the neighbors. He opened the window to tell me he had called the cops. So I waited for them to show up and they told my husband that they didn't care if I threw bricks thru the windows in order to get into the house...they wouldn't do anything to stop me, therefore he better let me in and not do it again.

This morning, I realized that my plasma TV was missing as was some stereo equipment in the living room. The TV was a bonus award I won at work. The stereo equipment are items we purchased together, although with my money. I see the stereo equipment downstairs but can't find the TV. He may have moved it to the neighbors house. Can he do this?

BelizeBreeze

mpita39 said:
:confused: What is the name of your state? MI

Yesterday, I came home and found myself locked out of my own home. Husband had locked all the doors and windows and our daughter was inside with him (10 yr old). He had kicked my two boys from a previous marriage outside and they were over at the neighbors. He opened the window to tell me he had called the cops. So I waited for them to show up and they told my husband that they didn't care if I threw bricks thru the windows in order to get into the house...they wouldn't do anything to stop me, therefore he better let me in and not do it again.

This morning, I realized that my plasma TV was missing as was some stereo equipment in the living room. The TV was a bonus award I won at work. The stereo equipment are items we purchased together, although with my money. I see the stereo equipment downstairs but can't find the TV. He may have moved it to the neighbors house. Can he do this?
Of course he can. It's jointly owned. As for locking you out of the home, that depends entirely on him obtaining a restraining order and in who's name the home is or was before the marriage.

mpita39

Since there is no divorce at the moment, just a lot of talk, no one has hired a lawyer (although I've been talking to one who is family friend for advice), and we are both in the house along with all 3 children, that he could potentially remove the entire contents of the house while I was gone and that there is nothing that I could do about it since everything, for the most part, belongs to 'us'? YIKES!

Should I be afraid to leave the house at all?

BelizeBreeze

mpita39 said:
Since there is no divorce at the moment, just a lot of talk, no one has hired a lawyer (although I've been talking to one who is family friend for advice), and we are both in the house along with all 3 children, that he could potentially remove the entire contents of the house while I was gone and that there is nothing that I could do about it since everything, for the most part, belongs to 'us'? YIKES!

Should I be afraid to leave the house at all?
And why did you breeze totally over the question of who owns the home?

mpita39

The mortgage is in both of our names. He also cleaned out our joint checking account on Monday. About 3/4's of it, actually. Yesterday, prior to locking me out of the house and calling the cops, he told me that he was going to go find a lawyer and get an order of some kind to get the kids and self out of our house. I didn't think this was possible with out a really good reason bu after he left, I contacted the lawyer/family friend who suggested that I transfer the remaining money into a separate account that he can't touch. FYI, while it was a joint checking account, he does not work for various reasons and this is the money I need to pay the mortgage, bills, food, etc. So I did what the lawyer suggested. I have to be able to pay the bills. When I got home that's when I found out I was locked out. Apparently, even though he has plenty of cash on him since cleaning out our account, he tried to buy a trailer. I suppose to clear out the furniture or something. Who knows. He told me if he has to rip the new windows out of our house to pay for himself he would. I actually wouldn't put it past him to do something really strange like this at the moment. He's unreasonable.

I wish there was some way I could force him to go visit his mother or something for awhile and take a breather so we could both think clearly without being in each other's faces. I'm sure he's afraid that I'll do something to prevent him from coming back or getting his items. I would be willing to sign some sort of agreement if necessary stating that nothing would change while he was gone.

BelizeBreeze

mpita39 said:
The mortgage is in both of our names.
And where did I ask about the mortgage?
He also cleaned out our joint checking account on Monday. About 3/4's of it, actually.
irrelevant.
Yesterday, prior to locking me out of the house and calling the cops, he told me that he was going to go find a lawyer and get an order of some kind to get the kids and self out of our house.
Which he can do.
I didn't think this was possible with out a really good reason bu after he left, I contacted the lawyer/family friend who suggested that I transfer the remaining money into a separate account that he can't touch.
And of course you don't mind answering to a judge about your conversion right?
FYI, while it was a joint checking account, he does not work for various reasons and this is the money I need to pay the mortgage, bills, food, etc. So I did what the lawyer suggested. I have to be able to pay the bills. When I got home that's when I found out I was locked out. Apparently, even though he has plenty of cash on him since cleaning out our account, he tried to buy a trailer. I suppose to clear out the furniture or something. Who knows. He told me if he has to rip the new windows out of our house to pay for himself he would. I actually wouldn't put it past him to do something really strange like this at the moment. He's unreasonable.
And all of this is irrelevant.
I wish there was some way I could force him to go visit his mother or something for awhile and take a breather so we could both think clearly without being in each other's faces. I'm sure he's afraid that I'll do something to prevent him from coming back or getting his items. I would be willing to sign some sort of agreement if necessary stating that nothing would change while he was gone.
again, all of this is irrelevant. So, now answer the damn question.

mpita39

The only question I see posed from you is who owns the home.

Which I answered. The home and mortgage is in both of our names.

BelizeBreeze

mpita39 said:
The only question I see posed from you is who owns the home.

Which I answered. The home and mortgage is in both of our names.
And that is NOT what you said earlier. I don't give a damn if the mortgage is in both names or not. THAT does NOT denote ownership.

Is the DEED in both names? :rolleyes:

mpita39

You know, I'm looking for help here. Not someone to bitch me out because I did not 'answer the question correctly'. Consider the fact that maybe, just maybe, that I didn't realize that there is a difference in who has the 'deed' in their name and who the 'mortgage' holder (s) might be. The DEED and MORTGAGE is in both our names. I, apparently in the wrong, figured it would be one and the same. I realize now that the house, regardless of who paid or did what, belongs to both of us and one cannot mearly tell another to get out without just cause. Don't bother answering back, BELIZEBREEZE, since if I truly want someone to swear at me then I can just talk to my husband and not you. OR....I can get such great advice like go 'buy myself a dildo ' from someone called 'furrymary'. Apparently this sight is a bunch of bull crap from angry people who probably don't have any real answers anyways. Thanks for nothing. Does anyone on this site have any real answers? I was just hoping to get a few questions answered prior to spending hundreds per hour to a lawyer if it comes down to it since I am missing 3/4's of my money at the moment anyways. Thanks.

mpita39

That's the first time I've ever been called that. Do you care to explain yourself on why you would call me this?

Content

mpita39 said:
You know, I'm looking for help here. Not someone to bitch me out because I did not 'answer the question correctly'. Consider the fact that maybe, just maybe, that I didn't realize that there is a difference in who has the 'deed' in their name and who the 'mortgage' holder (s) might be. The DEED and MORTGAGE is in both our names. I, apparently in the wrong, figured it would be one and the same. I realize now that the house, regardless of who paid or did what, belongs to both of us and one cannot mearly tell another to get out without just cause. Don't bother answering back, BELIZEBREEZE, since if I truly want someone to swear at me then I can just talk to my husband and not you. OR....I can get such great advice like go 'buy myself a dildo ' from someone called 'furrymary'. Apparently this sight is a bunch of bull crap from angry people who probably don't have any real answers anyways. Thanks for nothing. Does anyone on this site have any real answers? I was just hoping to get a few questions answered prior to spending hundreds per hour to a lawyer if it comes down to it since I am missing 3/4's of my money at the moment anyways. Thanks.
Look lady you don't like the attitude but you are skirting the questions. If you think BB is being a prick just wait until you get in front of a judge and your soon to be ex's lawyer. They will eat you alive if you don't get a thicker skin. You were asked specific questions because they determine the answers. If you don't like the answers you are getting for FREE go pay a lawyer a couple of hundred bucks an hour to tell you the exact same thing.

Just Blue

Content said:
Look lady you don't like the attitude but you are skirting the questions. If you think BB is being a prick just wait until you get in front of a judge and your soon to be ex's lawyer. They will eat you alive if you don't get a thicker skin. You were asked specific questions because they determine the answers. If you don't like the answers you are getting for FREE go pay a lawyer a couple of hundred bucks an hour to tell you the exact same thing.[/QUOTE}

Ditto! :p

mpita39

Thanks for the help. IN the past there have been people who have answered questions which I would assume to be honest. I apparently thought that the people that reply to these messages were professionals, but most obviously they are not. Which I have learned quite rapidly from the responses to the past posts. Gee...I wonder if I signed on here and made such statements...like go buy a dildo, etc, would be helpful to others. Forget it. I'll pay the money to talk to a real, logical, sane person from now on.

LdiJ

mpita39 said:
That's the first time I've ever been called that. Do you care to explain yourself on why you would call me this?
Belize is a good guy who really knows what he is talking about, but he gets frustrated when people don't answer his questions. In fact, we all do. We are all volunteers here and if we ask a question, it means we need the answer in order to answer YOUR question.

The other two "responders" are both the same person, who is making posts like that for the express purpose of disrupting the forums. Just ignore him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">