• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threatening behavior years after separation.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thisadam

Hi all,

Thank you in advance for you support here.. We're in a rather peculiar situation and I'm keen to better understand the legality of what is going on.

The high level summary is that my father (Sam, divorced in 2007, not a nice man) is now attempting to lay claim to his share of the proceeds of the sale of a flat we owned (Albert Road). This flat was signed into trust to my sister (Cassandra) in 2005, as "sole benefactor". Later, when we sold this flat in 2013, Sam (my father) gave written authorization to sell the flat,dissolving the trust and putting the new property into my mother's name solely (Elizabeth).

Now, nine years since the divorce in 2005, Sam is destitute and desperate. He has begun making threatening allegations that during his bankruptcy in 2005, we were all complicit in misrepresenting things to the receiver and trustee thus, enabling us to retain Albert road property. Sam is now threatening to contact the receivers believing that he can provide them with evidence enabling them to seize proceeds from the sale of Albert road made in 2013.

Sam's tone has become menacing and he has frequently uses abrasive and aggressive language. On several occasions language such as "forcing me to do something we'll all regret" and the like have been used making us feel very threatened.

Legally, we have confirmed he has no claim to the proceed of Albert road. To our knowledge, no misrepresentation was made to the receivers in 2005, all due process was followed and the case was closed in 2005.

Where do we stand?

Happy to answer any questions.

Adam

justalayman

haven't even bothered to read your post since you did not include the name of your state. Your vernacular suggests you are not in the US. If so, this is not the correct venue for your question as this is a US based forum that deals with US law.

thisadam

Hi - apologies this is my mistake and one of the complications.

I live in NYC. My mother & sister are based in London, United Kingdom. This is where the property on Albert Road was. My father now lives in Israel and is making these threats from there.

I wasn't aware that this was US only, if it's not the right forum for this please feel free to remove and I'll find a more appropriate location for the question!

LdiJ

Hi - apologies this is my mistake and one of the complications.

I live in NYC. My mother & sister are based in London, United Kingdom. This is where the property on Albert Road was. My father now lives in Israel and is making these threats from there.

I wasn't aware that this was US only, if it's not the right forum for this please feel free to remove and I'll find a more appropriate location for the question!
Because the property was located in the UK, any case would be based on UK law. Unfortunately, we cannot help with that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">