• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time limit for Annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladydivia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

What is the time limit for requesting an annulment in the state of Virginia? My husband and I have been married for 4 1/2 months and he refuses to consummate the marriage. I am willing to give him until our one year anniversary but if that eliminates the possibility of annulment then I need to know how much time to give him.

Humusluvr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

What is the time limit for requesting an annulment in the state of Virginia? My husband and I have been married for 4 1/2 months and he refuses to consummate the marriage. I am willing to give him until our one year anniversary but if that eliminates the possibility of annulment then I need to know how much time to give him.
Virginia Divorce Law

Annulment establishes that your marital status never existed. The court will declare that you were never married. Because the courts rarely grant an annulment, you should think twice about using this route if you want to end your marriage. The court may look to, but is not limited to, the legitimacy of children and the preservation of the sanctity of marriage. Because of these consideration a court will look to granting a divorce instead of an annulment.

ladydivia

I did too, but did not find that 2-year limitation in any of my searches. Gotta learn to read the whole page, huh?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">