• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time limits?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JstMeT

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

My friend and his wife filed papers for divorce in November of 2005 in the county they lived in at the time. They were trying to handle their divorce fully through mediation and no further papers were filed. Is that filing now dead in the water and they have to re-file in their current county?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

My friend and his wife filed papers for divorce in November of 2005 in the county they lived in at the time. They were trying to handle their divorce fully through mediation and no further papers were filed. Is that filing now dead in the water and they have to re-file in their current county?
Its almost certain that the case would have been administratively dismissed since so much time has passed without any action having been taken on the case. Therefore yes, I think that its likely that they would have to refile in their current county.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">