• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Told to leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shonda_66

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I wanted to know if I have any right to my home if I am the one that has relocated because of threats by the spouse? I would also like to know if there is any way to make him leave ,there are children in the home but he does not have legal custody. And they are not our children togeather they are his.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I wanted to know if I have any right to my home if I am the one that has relocated because of threats by the spouse? I would also like to know if there is any way to make him leave ,there are children in the home but he does not have legal custody. And they are not our children togeather they are his.
You can go back to court and request possession of the home temporarily. That is the only way to MAKE him leave.

nextwife

You can go back to court and request possession of the home temporarily. That is the only way to MAKE him leave.
Additionally:

Who is the owner/mortgage borrower on the home?
or
Is it a rental, and, if so, who is on the lease/rental agreement? Who are the adults whom the LL has agreed to have reside there?

nextwife

How many individuals would need to move out? How many of his children live there, regardless of legal custody?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">