• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Too late for an annulment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greenbeen

A friend of mine married a guy who was an alcoholic but was actively working on it, or seemed to be. Then, 3 weeks later, he began drinking got arrested and went to prison for over 4 months (he was a parolee). When he got out they briefly reconciled and she became pregnant. He started drinking again about a week after they found out she was pregnant and they separated for good. Its been 3 years since their marriage. The only reason that they haven't divorced is because she can't afford it. She wonders if its too late for an annulment because he never really worked toward his sobriety. Does she have grounds? He's never seen his child because he wont stay out of trouble and he wont stay sober. Is it too late for her?

ENASNI

greenbeen said:
A friend of mine married a guy who was an alcoholic but was actively working on it, or seemed to be. Then, 3 weeks later, he began drinking got arrested and went to prison for over 4 months (he was a parolee). When he got out they briefly reconciled and she became pregnant. He started drinking again about a week after they found out she was pregnant and they separated for good. Its been 3 years since their marriage. The only reason that they haven't divorced is because she can't afford it. She wonders if its too late for an annulment because he never really worked toward his sobriety. Does she have grounds? He's never seen his child because he wont stay out of trouble and he wont stay sober. Is it too late for her?

Hi Greenbeen.

An annulment is harder to get than a divorce.

Wanta buy some swampland? :D

greenbeen

Hi Greenbeen.

An annulment is harder to get than a divorce.

Wanta buy some swampland?
Hi ENASNI,

Its financially harder or just more work?

Very funny about the swampland :p I'm trying to avoid any further purchases...lol

LdiJ

greenbeen said:
Hi ENASNI,

Its financially harder or just more work?

Very funny about the swampland :p I'm trying to avoid any further purchases...lol
Both**************......

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Look - "she" knew his history, yet still considered him good enough to marry and have a kid with. She needs to suck it up and get a divorce.

AHA

greenbeen said:
A friend of mine married a guy who was an alcoholic but was actively working on it
Alcoholics are always alcoholics, no matter how much they "work at it".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">