• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Too late- prove up tomorrow

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JanDoe

What is the name of your state? IL

On Friday- just moments before going into a trial for my divorce, a verbal settlement agreement was made on my case, my husband and I were each asked some questions before the judge and were told to return tomorrow for prove-up.
I know my lawyer is not going to be happy with me, but I have changed my mind .......stongly....about one aspect of the agreement: I don't agree to pay my husband alimony.
Is it to late to tell my lawyer this since we were already in front of the judge, or do I have some time since the prove-up isn't until tomorrow? Please help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JanDoe said:
What is the name of your state? IL

On Friday- just moments before going into a trial for my divorce, a verbal settlement agreement was made on my case, my husband and I were each asked some questions before the judge and were told to return tomorrow for prove-up.
I know my lawyer is not going to be happy with me, but I have changed my mind .......stongly....about one aspect of the agreement: I don't agree to pay my husband alimony.
Is it to late to tell my lawyer this since we were already in front of the judge, or do I have some time since the prove-up isn't until tomorrow? Please help.

My response:

Until the gavel bangs down, and the order is signed, it's never too late. Just tell your attorney that you want to go to trial on the issue of Spousal Support. Actually, he'll love you for your decision because it means more attorney's fees for him!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">