• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

too young

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beckycsu

What is the name of your state? Alabama
I am 19 years old. My husband and I were recently married in October. We dated for 5 years and i got pregnant. Now, he pushes me around, chokes me, yells at me, and tells me that when we got married he bought me and that he owns me now. He never showed signs of that before, and if he did i just didnt care at the time. I want a divorce now and people are telling me that i should give it time, that i am being selfish and not thinking of the baby. What should i do?

BelizeBreeze

beckycsu said:
I am 19 years old. My husband and I were recently married in October. We dated for 5 years and i got pregnant. Now, he pushes me around, chokes me, yells at me, and tells me that when we got married he bought me and that he owns me now. He never showed signs of that before, and if he did i just didnt care at the time. I want a divorce now and people are telling me that i should give it time, that i am being selfish and not thinking of the baby. What should i do?
Tell those "PEOPLE" to kiss your ass, and the next time he lays a hand on you, take yourself and your child to the local emergency room. Have photos taken and file domestic assault charges against him with an accompanying Order of Protection.

Once he is arrested, you pack up his things, in garbage bags if necessary, call the police to arrange a time for him to pick them up, place them outside and be done with this jackass.

angelbaby1213

get out

get out as fast as you can...you are putting you and your baby in danger. it won't get any better. the people who told you to wait. are waiting for you to get killed. and thats not cool....... get the devorice.......

congrats to you and your baby......and good luck on the divorce
:) :(

skyspirit

Please Listen to everyone!

Look...I've been there. I've done that. And I got the T-shirt. You are allowing this animal to set examples for your children. It will not get better, it will only get worse. Drop him like a hot potato and get away as fast as you can.

Remember: HE WILL CHANGE. FOR THE WORSE.

Good Luck to you.

Rushia

When I was 16, I had the same problem (although I obviously wasn't married to him), GET OUT NOW!! Everyone here is correct, it will not get better with time nor are you being selfish. You have you and your baby to think of and protect. Go to a shelter if you have too, but get him out of your life. Good Luck!

sunny60

get out

I've been there. They will tell you everything you want to hear and even go to a program for treatment but they don't change just more clever. listen to them talk it will be how much they have change and how they are willing to overlook your shortcoming so run the other direction as fast as you can for yourself and baby

Happy Trails

beckycsu said:
You have been with this guy since you were 14. Obviously he has felt he had control over you all these years and now that you have grown up, he doesn't like it.

Like everyone said he isn't going to change. He liked it when he was in control. Unless you want to continue to be the submissive little girl he knew for five years, the abuse will continue to get worse.

I too am curious how old this jerk is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">