• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

took baby

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

faithnlve

What is the name of your state? Vt..not for me...for a cousin. I am happily married:D. Her hubby left her after a huge huge fight a week ago...he took their baby. 20 months old. He will not tell her where the baby is and he filed for divorce. He is just a jerk. How can she get her child back, or at least see the child? The papers she got are 3 weeks away before the hearing. thanks

Last edited:

Zephyr

What is the name of your state? Vt..not for me...for a cousin. I am happily married:D. Her hubby left her after a huge huge fight a week ago...he took their baby. 20 months old. He will not tell her where the baby is and he filed for divorce. He is just a jerk. How can she get her child back, or at least see the child? The papers she got are 3 weeks away before the hearing. thanks
where does the baby go while he's at work?

CJane

HOnestly? She can wait for the hearing, or she can file an emergency petition - but only if the child is in danger w/Dad and only if she knows where to get the child.

I don't mean to sound as if it's not a serious issue, because it absolutely is... but there's little that can be done since they're married.

She DOES need to respond properly and get an attorney.

faithnlve

CJane....I have been in a distraught state of mind after a losing custody battle....and she is in that state. I even called the crisis clinic for her. Her hubby left her for someone else. She had no clue. He took the baby. I told her about this site, and hope she comes on. All I could tell her is that it will be in court and will reflect bad on him. she says she can't go on not seeing her child, its her first baby. I am going to go to court with her if she wants, but I did mention an emergency hearing should be filed by her tomorrow. She has talked to the jerk but he told her that he is the father and can take the child anywheres until in court. How will the court reflect on what he did, if what he did is legal? Faith

CJane

CJane....I have been in a distraught state of mind after a losing custody battle....and she is in that state. I even called the crisis clinic for her. Her hubby left her for someone else. She had no clue. He took the baby. I told her about this site, and hope she comes on. All I could tell her is that it will be in court and will reflect bad on him. she says she can't go on not seeing her child, its her first baby.
Yes, she can. You know that as well as I do. I told someone just the other day that if your thought process is "I will fight for custody because I can't live without my child" it's the WRONG REASON. It's selfish and it's disingenuous. It also looks bad in court because THAT sentiment is all about Mommy/Daddy and not even a smidgen about the CHILD.

I am going to go to court with her if she wants, but I did mention an emergency hearing should be filed by her tomorrow.
Good.

She has talked to the jerk but he told her that he is the father and can take the child anywheres until in court. How will the court reflect on what he did, if what he did is legal? Faith
It's legal... but it tends to look bad in court because it doesn't foster a relationship... at least, that's how it looks in MY state. But you've convinced me that VT is crazy.

Zephyr

court's in three weeks? he's already been gone for one? this is a baby? dad keeps baby from mom for a month? I can't see how that would look good for him

tuffbrk

And Dad's not providing Mom access? Is he living with the new GF who has access to the baby? (SHE needs to get a life!!) I'd say DAD is not going to look good at all - hopefully the conversations are being documented, she has sent certified letters to Dad (at his workplace if she doesn't know where he's currently residing) requesting to see her child, requesting contact, etc.

nextwife

Women pull that stuff all the time (bolting with the baby and not letting dad see the kids), andyet that doesn't keep them from getting custody.

CJane

Women pull that stuff all the time (bolting with the baby and not letting dad see the kids), andyet that doesn't keep them from getting custody.
Really? ALL the time?

I'd be willing to bet that in MOST cases where a Mom 'bolts' with the kids, and Dad actually DOES something besides be pissed off about it, Mom is JUST as equally penalized as Dad... which is, admittedly, not too awfully much. In EITHER case.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Really? ALL the time?

I'd be willing to bet that in MOST cases where a Mom 'bolts' with the kids, and Dad actually DOES something besides be pissed off about it, Mom is JUST as equally penalized as Dad... which is, admittedly, not too awfully much. In EITHER case.
I have seen it go both ways.

kimberlywrites

Yep. That's what my fiancee's ex did. He didn't see his 3yo daughter for six weeks. And she didn't get in any trouble at all. If he had done that, he'd probably have been put in jail.

kimberlywrites

The certified letter is a really good idea if she has the address. If I was her, I'd send a letter every day. This will prove her efforst and his lack of response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">