• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trapped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mistrapped

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

Husband filed for divorce, was finalized Jan 9 2015. I didnt want at all but had no choice so I didnt fight about anything, custody & property settlement was exactly what he wanted as he had lawyer & I did not. He was supposed to get deed changed & pay the difference in settlement, daughter & i got house & some land, he got shed & rest of land. Because i still love him & took my vows seriously my plan was to sell house & land & move cuz sharing a driveway & yard with him would be to mentally difficult for me. He had 60 days to fulfill settlement & ive done everything i was supposed to do. He will not communicate with me whatsoever so trying to get him to fulfill settlement has been dead end. Ive even gone as far as contacting his lawyer regarding settlement, trying to see if something I could do to get it done but that got me no where, so property is still in both our names. My question is, exs girlfriend is here all the time, kinda think may be living in shed or down in our woods, she doesn't bother me or talk to me even but its not exactly easy dealing with her being with the man I still stupidly love on my property. Can I do anything to make her leave? I'm trying to raise my daughter alone on my disability check so lawyer isn't an option for me & dont qualify for free lawyer. This isn't just hard on me but also extremely hard on my kid. Thanks

Silverplum

Husband filed for divorce, was finalized Jan 9 2015. I didnt want at all but had no choice so I didnt fight about anything, custody & property settlement was exactly what he wanted as he had lawyer & I did not. He was supposed to get deed changed & pay the difference in settlement, daughter & i got house & some land, he got shed & rest of land. Because i still love him & took my vows seriously my plan was to sell house & land & move cuz sharing a driveway & yard with him would be to mentally difficult for me. He had 60 days to fulfill settlement & ive done everything i was supposed to do. He will not communicate with me whatsoever so trying to get him to fulfill settlement has been dead end. Ive even gone as far as contacting his lawyer regarding settlement, trying to see if something I could do to get it done but that got me no where, so property is still in both our names. My question is, exs girlfriend is here all the time, kinda think may be living in shed or down in our woods, she doesn't bother me or talk to me even but its not exactly easy dealing with her being with the man I still stupidly love on my property. Can I do anything to make her leave? I'm trying to raise my daughter alone on my disability check so lawyer isn't an option for me & dont qualify for free lawyer. This isn't just hard on me but also extremely hard on my kid. Thanks
Why is this hard on your child?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

How was HE supposed to get the deed changed? How do you know she is on YOUR property and not your ex's property? Why don't you get child support? Is this not his child?

mistrapped

Child is our child together, she loves him very much & I encourage their relationship as much as possible. Its hard on child because he wont talk to her or see her either. He blows off & ignores child when has girlfriend here, what I mean by this is they'll be in shed & child will say hi to her dad cuz playing in yard & he will shut shed doors without saying word back to her. We've been dealing with this for 5 yrs so child & I hv excepted his behavior & hv our own little life. Yes he pays support, he has joint placement but I can't force him to take her.Joint placement prevents him from paying much in support. Him not picking child up has become easier on child not bouncing between parents, I dont know where he even lives, he will not tell me or lies about location. I'm not interested in fighting him or hurting him & I'm writing this very objectively. Ive done all the stuff & signed all the papers for deed split, he wont sign & judgement is written that property deed dont get split until he pays the monetary balance to me. His lawyer & him wrote up property settlement & i agreed, without asking for anything to be changed so this is exactly what he wanted. Ive talked with bank & court & been told I'm waiting on him, ive done everything I needed to do. The property is still in our names together, nothing has changed from when we where married, I have right to be anywhere on entire property & he has right to be anywhere on property except in the house for reasons unrelated. Judge has said theres nothing normal about our divorce, my husband dont want me but way everything is written up he wants to keep me here incase decides someday he does again. Question is since still our property together, do I have right to say his girlfriend cant be here? There is more to the story but not relevant. I have been contacted by drug investigator regarding the activities of ex & girlfriend so is real reason to my problem with the girlfriend. Thank you for any replies

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Stop focusing on the girlfriend. Get psychological help. IF this is your idea of being "objective" about your situation, then you need A LOT of help. Your exhusband isn't worth it.

You have a choice. You can file for contempt. It's been a lot more than 60 days. He's not doing the paperwork because he knows that if you sell the house and move, he can't control you.

You can take your daughter and leave - to a shelter, if necessary. This is a sick situation you are in.

mistrapped

Had years of counseling & been told I'm sad, worn out & forgive to easily but other than that I'm just fine. Ex's girlfriend is someone I have to deal with as thinking sure shes supplying the ingredients for the meth that I'm pretty sure is being made on property. Theres 100 acres so not talking about a lot in town here. The question is if 2 people own property & I dont want someone on the land but ex does do I have right to say person cant be here. If I want to be ridiculed I can open my house door, I just am looking for answer to my question please.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You can try to have the order amended so that you are given exclusive control and use of the home until the transfer is finished. Heck, you should have done that in the first place.

Silverplum

Had years of counseling & been told I'm sad, worn out & forgive to easily but other than that I'm just fine. Ex's girlfriend is someone I have to deal with as thinking sure shes supplying the ingredients for the meth that I'm pretty sure is being made on property. Theres 100 acres so not talking about a lot in town here. The question is if 2 people own property & I dont want someone on the land but ex does do I have right to say person cant be here. If I want to be ridiculed I can open my house door, I just am looking for answer to my question please.
If you have reasonable suspicion of criminal activity on your property, call the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">