• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying to divorce someone overseas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clm138

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

My husband filed for legal separation and the court already granted all property between us, however, i want a divorce. He is in the army and lives in germany, i need to know how i go about getting the paperwork to him, can i just send it to his APO and hope he signs and sends it back or is there a way i can have him personally served in germany? what can i do, i just want to be done with it and have no connection whatsoever to him.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

My husband filed for legal separation and the court already granted all property between us, however, i want a divorce. He is in the army and lives in germany, i need to know how i go about getting the paperwork to him, can i just send it to his APO and hope he signs and sends it back or is there a way i can have him personally served in germany? what can i do, i just want to be done with it and have no connection whatsoever to him.
You can certainly try mailing it to him to see if he will sign it and send it back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">