• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to get car. cont.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

UP-Michigan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan

Broke up with girlfriend, she has my car somewhere. Police say it's civil.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Break up with girlfriend, she splits in my father's new car. Me and her were co-guardians of my father. Because of all the drama that happens over the course of a few days, I am able to have letter of guardianship modified, and her taken off. I get a PPO against her. So now that I have her out of the house, I cannot get the car back. The police and prosecutor say it's a civil matter. Onstar will not give the location of the vehicle without the police making a report that it's stolen. Could someone please give me advice on how to get the vehicle back.

UP-Michigan

I started this thread looking for advice.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/divorce-separation-annulment-36/broke-up-girlfriend-she-has-my-car-somewhere-police-say-its-civil-600063.html

It's locked because stealth2 came in and started a bar fight. Not sure why, unless she's the ex's attorney here in UP.
I'm just trying to get some free legal advice. I have one fight going with a woman I don't like. I didn't come here looking for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I started this thread looking for advice.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/divorce-separation-annulment-36/broke-up-girlfriend-she-has-my-car-somewhere-police-say-its-civil-600063.html

It's locked because stealth2 came in and started a bar fight. Not sure why, unless she's the ex's attorney here in UP.
I'm just trying to get some free legal advice. I have one fight going with a woman I don't like. I didn't come here looking for more.
It's locked due to your foul language.

UP-Michigan

You came into my thread only to start a fight. Why would they have someone like that as a senior member?
Now you are gonna cyber-stalk me so I cannot get more legal advice. You should be banned. I haven't done
anything to you. I don't know you. Please go kick rocks.

quincy

Your duplicate thread - https://forum.freeadvice.com/divorce-separation-annulment-36/broke-up-girlfriend-she-has-my-car-somewhere-police-say-its-civil-600063.html - was read by the moderators of this site and it was decided, apparently, that all that needed to be said was said. You received answers to your concerns and you received good advice.

You then violated the Terms of Service and your thread was locked.

The police in your area seem to think your matter is a civil issue. The advisors here seem to think your matter is a civil issue. Perhaps now you might consider consulting with an attorney in your area to see if there is a civil action you want to pursue.

Good luck.

UP-Michigan

Your duplicate thread - https://forum.freeadvice.com/divorce-separation-annulment-36/broke-up-girlfriend-she-has-my-car-somewhere-police-say-its-civil-600063.html - was read by the moderators of this site and it was decided, apparently, that all that needed to be said was said. You received answers to your concerns and you received good advice.

You then violated the Terms of Service and your thread was locked.

The police in your area seem to think your matter is a civil issue. The advisors here seem to think your matter is a civil issue. Perhaps now you might consider consulting with an attorney in your area to see if there is a civil action you want to pursue.

Good luck.
I know that. That's why the thread is in this sub forum, not criminal. There is civil action that I'd like to pursue, and before I do I was thinking I should get some advice off of a reputable legal forum. You are seriously going to act like I came here and started a fight? I'm looking for some legal advice. I did not provoke stealth2 in any way.
Stealth2 is a senior member here. Obviously she can do whatever she pleases to new visitors of the site. I get that. I will leave, you can erase my account, no problem, no questions - except one. The ex-girlfriend mentioned has a case pending from a different charge in the past. I hired her an attorney for that case. She is always talking about advice she got from other attorneys cuz the case is complex. What are the odds that stealth2 is that attorney. Tell me you aren't an attorney that practices in michigan and I'll log out and never come back.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I know that. That's why the thread is in this sub forum, not criminal. There is civil action that I'd like to pursue, and before I do I was thinking I should get some advice off of a reputable legal forum. You are seriously going to act like I came here and started a fight? I'm looking for some legal advice. I did not provoke stealth2 in any way.
Stealth2 is a senior member here. Obviously she can do whatever she pleases to new visitors of the site. I get that. I will leave, you can erase my account, no problem, no questions - except one. The ex-girlfriend mentioned has a case pending from a different charge in the past. I hired her an attorney for that case. She is always talking about advice she got from other attorneys cuz the case is complex. What are the odds that stealth2 is that attorney. Tell me you aren't an attorney that practices in michigan and I'll log out and never come back.
I'm not an attorney in any state.

Adios.

Bali Hai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyEn9LIR9cI

ecmst12

You're not married, so this doesn't belong in the divorce forum, and it's not your car, so you can't do anything anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">