• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

two years separated-bills made who responsible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gee Sall

What is the name of your state?Medford, Oregon

I have been separated for two years and have been living on my own with my 19 year old daughter- my son 15 lives with both of us at our separate homes going back and forth as he wants. My concern that any bills my spouse makes without my name on them --will I be responsible for them since I have not been able to afford to file and pay for a divorce? Can I post something in the paper that will free me from obligation- I am trying to rebuild my credit and do not want to be buried by his mistakes again.

JETX

Gee Sall said:
My concern that any bills my spouse makes without my name on them --will I be responsible for them since I have not been able to afford to file and pay for a divorce? Can I post something in the paper that will free me from obligation- I am trying to rebuild my credit and do not want to be buried by his mistakes again.
Oregon is NOT a community property state, so as long as your name is not on the account, you will not be liable for his debts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">