• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TX divorce & adultery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

becca93

Married 10+ years, stay-at-home mom. My spouse urged me to go ahead with an affair. Now, after a year, he is filing for divorce on the grounds of adultery and asking for full custody. Will his consent in the affair have any affect in court, either on my divorce or my chances for keeping any rights to my kids?

LegalBeagle

becca93 said:
Married 10+ years, stay-at-home mom. My spouse urged me to go ahead with an affair. Now, after a year, he is filing for divorce on the grounds of adultery and asking for full custody. Will his consent in the affair have any affect in court, either on my divorce or my chances for keeping any rights to my kids?
Do you have proof that he approved ?? Does he have proof of the adultery ? If you have proof that he approved and you continued to live together after the fact then no, he can not file on grounds of adultery.. well, he can.. but you should be able to fight it.. you have an attorney ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">