• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TXDivorceInheritanceWoes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

InheritanceinTX

What is the name of your state?I reside in the community property state of Texas. I have been married for 12 years. 4 years ago my grandfather left me a 60, 000 inheritance. I have found information stating that this is considered separate property as long as I can trace where the funds were spent. Question: What if they were put into the stock market and lost money? What if the funds were used to appropriate vacations, etc.? What if I bought a pool, the other attorney is trying to say I should only get the depreciated value of the pool, but the web says differently? What if it was spent on house and cars? I want to be fair in dividing our community property, but this money would be a good way to begin my new future. Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">