• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unauthorized access led to search hard drive

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anderbud

undefinedoklahoma
Left ex 18 months ago with my 3 children 2 from previous marriage. Taken only clothing, my car and computer. 6 months after leaving ex broke into my yahoo email. (He knew secret questions if forgot password). Then went to cingular store trying to get cell phone records, Clerk called my cell phone asking if ok I said no. He then I assume went on line knowing my personnel information and retrieved them.
At first court date lawyers came out of judges chamber, lawyer informed me that each of us have access to computer. Was told ex was going to have hard drive cloned. Saying it was bought with marital money. Even though he never once used it and it was bought mainly for kids for schoolwork, also the computer had had not been in the marital house for the past 6 months.
I knew when leaving him I would not be able to live anywhere him. Best to describe him as a narcissist I am now involved with a man from california, he has visited 4 times and I have been to california 5 times, and in a terrible divorce fight for custody for our 6 year old and right to move to california.
The information on the hard drive contained all of email with my boyfriend and some intimate photos of myself I had emailed to him. All which were recovered from deleted files. Right now we have temporary split custody with our daughter, ex does everything the only way he knows how HIS WAY. Foreclosed the marital home. Moved in with his parents in a different town Enrolled her at a different school closer to him without discussing it with me. 25 miles from original school. I was not even on emergency card. Has told me he makes all decisions for daughter.
I have bite my tongue and been quite and continue putting everything in my journal. He has restraining order from first wife. Has assaulted me and is now taking anger management classes. He does love his daughter but that does not make him a good parent. My question is by unauthorized access to my computer and cell phone bill. Can he use the information that was recovered off the hard drive?

LdiJ

anderbud said:
undefinedoklahoma
Left ex 18 months ago with my 3 children 2 from previous marriage. Taken only clothing, my car and computer. 6 months after leaving ex broke into my yahoo email. (He knew secret questions if forgot password). Then went to cingular store trying to get cell phone records, Clerk called my cell phone asking if ok I said no. He then I assume went on line knowing my personnel information and retrieved them.
At first court date lawyers came out of judges chamber, lawyer informed me that each of us have access to computer. Was told ex was going to have hard drive cloned. Saying it was bought with marital money. Even though he never once used it and it was bought mainly for kids for schoolwork, also the computer had had not been in the marital house for the past 6 months.
I knew when leaving him I would not be able to live anywhere him. Best to describe him as a narcissist I am now involved with a man from california, he has visited 4 times and I have been to california 5 times, and in a terrible divorce fight for custody for our 6 year old and right to move to california.
The information on the hard drive contained all of email with my boyfriend and some intimate photos of myself I had emailed to him. All which were recovered from deleted files. Right now we have temporary split custody with our daughter, ex does everything the only way he knows how HIS WAY. Foreclosed the marital home. Moved in with his parents in a different town Enrolled her at a different school closer to him without discussing it with me. 25 miles from original school. I was not even on emergency card. Has told me he makes all decisions for daughter.
I have bite my tongue and been quite and continue putting everything in my journal. He has restraining order from first wife. Has assaulted me and is now taking anger management classes. He does love his daughter but that does not make him a good parent. My question is by unauthorized access to my computer and cell phone bill. Can he use the information that was recovered off the hard drive?
How did he gain access to a computer hard drive that was physcially in your possession? Have you verified with the cell phone provider that he actually accessed your phone logs?

anderbud

Judge ruled both he and I access to computer. ex had data recovery cusiness come clone the hard drive. My deal is this, the computer had not been in the marital home for 6 plus months, the files he recovered are all dated after my moving out. He he did not break into my yahoo email which he did without authorization. He would have not been interested in the hard drive. And the reason those files were not password protected is because those files were deleted. Not like they were on my desk top or my documents.
In the deposition he admitted to breaking into my email saying he knew all the anwsers to my secret questions. The cell phone records the clerk called my phone saying my husband was in the store wanting my phone bill. I told her not to give it to him. He then somehow got the bill, I'm guessing online same way he got the yahoo password, because the made phone calls to my boyfriend and one other friend I exchanged emails and phone calls with.

BelizeBreeze

anderbud said:
Judge ruled both he and I access to computer. ex had data recovery cusiness come clone the hard drive.
And the judge is correct.
My deal is this, the computer had not been in the marital home for 6 plus months, the files he recovered are all dated after my moving out.
Which is irrelevant.
He he did not break into my yahoo email which he did without authorization.
Which, if from the marital computer, is not a violation.
He would have not been interested in the hard drive. And the reason those files were not password protected is because those files were deleted. Not like they were on my desk top or my documents.
Again, irrelevant.
In the deposition he admitted to breaking into my email saying he knew all the anwsers to my secret questions.
And again, irrelevant.
The cell phone records the clerk called my phone saying my husband was in the store wanting my phone bill. I told her not to give it to him. He then somehow got the bill, I'm guessing online same way he got the yahoo password, because the made phone calls to my boyfriend and one other friend I exchanged emails and phone calls with.
The judge has already ruled. So what are you asking REALLY?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">