• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unconstested divorce with minor stepchild

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zoltan35

What is the name of your state? California
Hi,

My wife and I got married in Hungary last year. She has a 7 yr old daughter. They live with me, however things didn't work out and we are separating. Since I told her I would not commit perjury and will NOT sign her I 751 form next year, she wants a divorce so she can file on her own. I am willing to file the papers, but I am wondering if I have to include the child. The child is from her previous marriage.
The divorce would be uncontested, we'll settle finances between us. I will pay voluntary child support as I love the little girl and I don't want her to suffer. However this would not be part of the divorce agreement unless it's required. She is not asking for child support nor for alimony

Would I still have to list the minor on the divorce papers and the arrangements we made for the voluntary child support?

Thanks,

Zoltan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">