• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uncontested Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Melo365

I am Living in New York state
My husband and i been together for five years he walked out on me and my daughter
over two years ago i just recently found out he filed for a divorce
but the way i found out is i received a letter fom the lawyer saying that if i have health insurance its gonna end in a few months.
i received no court papers nothingi wasnt served nothing ,i do want a divorce but am just curious what ground is he filing under and what about my daughter insurance etc what can i do
i have a child i just want to make sure she remain living with me the only home she knows and loves her father is not a caring dad he is a visitor he only come see her twice a year he does want custody because he dont wanna pay child support.

Last edited:

LdiJ

I am Living in New York state
My husband and i been together for five years he walked out on me and my daughter
over two years ago i just recently found out he filed for a divorce
but the way i found out is i received a letter fom the lawyer saying that if i have health insurance its gonna end in a few months.
i received no court papers nothingi wasnt served nothing ,i do want a divorce but am just curious what ground is he filing under and what about my daughter insurance etc what can i do
i have a child i just want to make sure she remain living with me the only home she knows and loves her father is not a caring dad he is a visitor he only come see her twice a year he does want custody because he dont wanna pay child support.
Well, if the lawyer knows where you are to send you that letter, the lawyer knows where you are to be served. I would write the attorney back and inform him that you have not been served any paperwork in reference to a divorce, and that if a divorce takes place without you being served, you will file to vacate the divorce.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Can i receive Suposal support/Alimony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My State is New York
I was marry to my husband for over 4 years we have a child together he
left me over two years ago ,i am currently unemployed i do receive child support for my daughter
i want to know can i get alimony from him he currently filed for a divorce uncontested
which is still not signed off confused
from her other post

I'd say that there is much amiss in all this. Is dad sending the money directly to you? Is there a court order? We need MORE information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">