• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

uncontested divorce advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pcwhiz

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

To make a long story short, I am still legally married to someone but have not been together for the past 13 yrs and no contact until recently. He always moved and worked for cash trying to get out of support and I hardly ever saw any support from him over the years and he owes me thousands of dollars. Our daughter who is 15 1/2 now recently moved in with her dad and grandmother. We would like to get an uncontested divorce that states NO CHILD SUPPORT payments be made from either side. He also pays $500 a month for 3 kids he had over the yrs with someone else. I know he only works here and there and his financial situation is grim. My question is......can we legally do this or will the court system make me pay support to him now which would be unfair since I raised her on my own for 15 yrs with basically no support from him over the yrs. All the online divorce sites make it sound so easy to file for the uncontested divorce with minor child and that you can both agree to 'ANYTHING' you want with minor child but I have my doubts when it comes to the court system. I put myself through college and make good money now which he does not deserve any of....... believe me........I am seriously contemplating not filing for divorce until our daughter turns 18.

Your advice is greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">