• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uncontested Divorce Filing Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

comingtoanend

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My wife and I have been separated for 7 months. At that time, she filled out divorce agreement form PS-31152-1 (http://www.in.gov/judiciary/selfservice/forms/divorce-nc-agree.pdf) and signed it. All I needed to do was sign it and turn it in. But I have not done so yet.

This is an uncontested divorce. We have no assets or debt to divide and she stated that on the form. We also have no children, etc to complicate the matter.

So, my question is can I just sign these uncontested divorce documents and turn them in? Are they still valid? On the forms, she is the petitioner and I am the Respondent. They have not been notarized yet, however.

Another potential complication is she has her address as our current residence, but she moved out 2 weeks ago and I have no idea where she moved to.

Thanks!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My wife and I have been separated for 7 months. At that time, she filled out divorce agreement form PS-31152-1 (http://www.in.gov/judiciary/selfservice/forms/divorce-nc-agree.pdf) and signed it. All I needed to do was sign it and turn it in. But I have not done so yet.

This is an uncontested divorce. We have no assets or debt to divide and she stated that on the form. We also have no children, etc to complicate the matter.

So, my question is can I just sign these uncontested divorce documents and turn them in? Are they still valid? On the forms, she is the petitioner and I am the Respondent. They have not been notarized yet, however.

Another potential complication is she has her address as our current residence, but she moved out 2 weeks ago and I have no idea where she moved to.

Thanks!
Those papers will NOT be notarized either. Why? Because you have to sign them in FRONT of a notary. And if she signed it WITHOUT a notary witnessing the signature, the paper is no good.

blkjck229

since every state is a little different about legal filings, you should your county clerk. tell them the situation with the papers. ask them if you can sign and file them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">