• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

uncontested divorce hearing guidelines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roseykat1128

What is the name of your state?South Carolina
I've filed for divorce without a lawyer. We have no property or children together. It's a "no-fault", one year continuous seperation divorce. Is there a guideline of what to say in the courtroom that I need to follow to ensure that I don't leave any information out? If so, where can I obtain this information?
Ready to be FREE!!

seniorjudge

roseykat1128 said:
What is the name of your state?South Carolina
I've filed for divorce without a lawyer. We have no property or children together. It's a "no-fault", one year continuous seperation divorce. Is there a guideline of what to say in the courtroom that I need to follow to ensure that I don't leave any information out? If so, where can I obtain this information?
Ready to be FREE!!
Ask to be sworn in.

Say, "Your honor, I swear under oath to the following items." And then read your petition/complaint. Then say, "I would like the court to grant this divorce." Then hand the judge the judgment you prepared for your lawsuit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">