• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

uncontested divorce with minor child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pcwhiz

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

OK here goes? its been about 13.5 yrs since me and my husband split, we have one daughter who is now 15.5 yrs old.We are still legally married but I have lived with someone else for about 12.5 of these years. Even though we werent divorced he was issued to pay child support, very small amount which hes done a great job of not paying and working for cash so never saw any taxes either. He also hid where he lived from everyone and never called our daughter over the yrs but my daughter had constant visitation with her grandmother(his mother). Anyways, my daughter started having teenage difficulties this yr (age 15) and wished to live with her father and grandmother for awhile or permanently now that she has a boyfriend in that town, about 3.5 hours drive away from me. I now know where they live and where my daughter is and she visits us too. We want to agree to an uncontested divorce now and I do not wish to pay him child support which he doesnt want from me either especially becuase he still owes me thousands of dollars. I need to know if thats going to be okay with the courts? He also owes BACK support for 3 other kids he had over the yrs with someone else. Im scared of this situation because I think what will happen is that because i make alot of money now, that the courts will make me pay support in order so that he is able to pay his support to the court system. Kind of like ' well the courts will get the money from her now'. 17% of my check for a yr would probably amount to what he was issued to pay for like 2 yrs or more. Or am I wrong? Will this be easier than I think. Please Please advise? Thanx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">