• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

uncontested divorce, now renigging

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vndmyl

What is the name of your state? Utah, I had a uncontested divorce in the divorce agreement my exhusband agreed to pay the house payment, truck payment and the auto insurance. Now my ex would like to renig on the divorce decree and take me back to court. He got remarried a couple months ago. The house has been quick claimed to me, but the loan is in his name only. What are the possibilities of him renigging on the divorce agreement? And the judge letting him out of the deal that was made? My divorce was granted on May 24, 2004 Do I need to worry about this? Can he file bankruptcy on the loan even though we have a legal agreement in the divorce, and if so what would my options be to fight that so I don't end up losing these things. He also was granted custody of my minor child which lives with me, how do I change that? :confused: Hope to hear from you soon.

brisgirl825

vndmyl said:
What is the name of your state? Utah, I had a uncontested divorce in the divorce agreement my exhusband agreed to pay the house payment, truck payment and the auto insurance. Now my ex would like to renig on the divorce decree and take me back to court. He got remarried a couple months ago. The house has been quick claimed to me, but the loan is in his name only. What are the possibilities of him renigging on the divorce agreement? And the judge letting him out of the deal that was made? My divorce was granted on May 24, 2004 Do I need to worry about this? Can he file bankruptcy on the loan even though we have a legal agreement in the divorce, and if so what would my options be to fight that so I don't end up losing these things. He also was granted custody of my minor child which lives with me, how do I change that? :confused: Hope to hear from you soon.
He can renig at anytime but he will be in contempt.

He cannot get out of the deal. The time to appeal was long ago.

If he was granted custody and you now have the child in your custody, you need to petition the court for custody. Otherwise dad has every legal right to enforce the current orders and bring the child back to his home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">