• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sassy02

What is the name of your state?conn
my daughter was married,now divorced.everything went smooth,
my concern is the 19month old granddaughter,:if something happens to her,he would get my granddaughter,if we had a paper drawn up and noterzied,would that be legal?of course my daughter would have to have the paper drawn up.the x is not capable of taking care of her,and she really doesn't react to him that good anyway. thanks for any help you can give me

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Nope. The father would haver to be proven unfit and/or have his rights terminated. But otherwise he would take precedence in gaining custody. Your daughter can't "will" her child to anyone.

S

sassy02

I knew he would have the right to his daughter,but was hoping
to get something to stop him from getting her.but he is under
a doctors care,he goes to counceling once a week.she told him
that he was a very depressed peerson,and a person who would
try sucide

H

hexeliebe

So? Nothing you have said indicates that he would be a danger to the child. And that is what matters here.

Hell, there are thousands of people in depression who don't seek help and end up at the local Post Office with an uzi...thank your stars he's getting help.

S

sassy02

I really don't care if he gets help or not,he is NOT MY concern.
Its my granddaughter that I worry about.was just WONDERING
if there was something that could be done,that we would get her,and not him or his mother.

H

hexeliebe

You sound like you're talking about a sack of potatoes and not a child. No one "GETS" her. They take responsibility for her upbringing and her care.

In this case, her biolobical father is next in line. Then, if he is found unfit, the grandparents can fight all they want over custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">