• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Understanding Legal Phrases

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JUDYSIOBHAN

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF A DIVORCE...I SUBMITTED THE PROPER FORMS AND THERE HAS BEEN NO RESPONSE AFTER MY EX WAS SERVED. I CHECKED THE COUNTY COURT RECORDS AND SAW THAT UNDER MY NAME AS PETITIONER READ THE WORDS (FEES PAID) AND UNDER MY EX, AS RESPONDANT, IT READ ( DEFAULT REQUESTED ) WITH A DATE NEXT TO IT. NOW I DID INQUIRE AS TO WHETHER THERE WOULD BE A DEFAULT IN THE DIVORCE PROCEEDINGS AS MY EX DID NOT SEEM TO ANSWER OR REBUT OR EVEN ADDRESS THE ISSUE AFTER BEING SERVED. PERHAPS THE MESSAGE JUST MEANS THAT I REQUESTED A DEFAULT BE GRANTED? BUT THEN AT THE TOP OF THE COURT RECORD ON MY DIVORCE IT HAS, UNDER "PENDING HEARINGS"..IT SAYS (CASE REVIEW CONFERENCE) AND THAT IS SET FOR OCTOBER. I AM JUST CONFUSED BY THE LEGAL TERMS AND WHAT THEY MEAN TO MY CASE. CAN YOU DECIPHER THAT FOR ME..I HOPE I AM MAKING SENSE WITH MY EXPLANATION. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
What is the name of your state? CA

Last edited:

Golfball

Please *do not* post in all caps, it makes it appear that you are shouting, in addition to making your text more difficult to read.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">