• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployed stbx has history of mental illness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gillbott

Somehow I erased it. (Unemployed stbx with history of Mental Illness)

My husband has a history of diagnosed OCD and has personality/emotional disorders. He lost his job in February and moved to his parents house, 300 miles away, in May. I have been taking care of all the financials for my daughters and I. I only have enough to make the house payments and cover us financially until September.

I hired an attorney to serve an order to sell the house and an order for support. The house has at least 100k equity and he refused to let me list it in May. After reviewing the docs, I asked my attorney to attach a Seek Work Order, so he will be held accountable for looking for jobs in his field: chemistry/engineering with twenty years experience. The court date is scheduled for July 29. Neither he or his parents know the docs are going to be served, which I plan to do the week of June 16.

I asked him flat out if he was "disabled". He said no. I believe his biggest problem is "Ganser Disorder", which is when someone exaggerates or utilizes their symptoms to avoid responsibility.

1). If all three orders are in one doc and he (and his Dad) decide to pursue SSDI, how does this affect current orders overall? What is the procedure and timeline for him to file for SSDI?

2). Will a judge 'separate' the orders and rule for sale of the house? If so, how long does this order take to occur? My realtor is getting anxious to list.

Please don't address custody or visitation re this situation. In a response to an earlier question I posted here, someone said something about custody and how wrong I was and said something along the lines of "Oh, yeah, you're the MOMMY". Our teenaged daughters seeing their dad unsupervised is not an issue whatsoever at this point and bringing it up is disrespectful to us all. And yes, we are all in counseling.

I am in California

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Posting history: https://forum.freeadvice.com/divorce-separation-annulment-36/husband-wont-list-house-current-market-value-mid-divorce-597167.html
You have an attorney so pay him to answer your questions. You also stated how rude we were and how you weren't going to stick around to see any more remarks from us. Guess you are not only a hypocrite but also a liar. Again, pay your attorney.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">