• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfair property distribtion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nanciprice

what is the name of your state? bronx, new york. the divorce is final, he got the house because he had a order of protection on me (unfairly) and i had moved out for a few months. our daughter is 9 years old and has special needs. he has seven years to pay me off ($15,000) on a house i helped with for 15 years. something is wrong with this picture. my lawer was lousy and i got shafted. but, i'm still co-owner of the house (two family) but how come i can't live in it? how do i go about opening up, if you can, a divorce decree in terms of property or can it be done. he's getting rent, built up equity and i have nothing. and, he doesn't live there, his family does. please, help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">