• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unhappy with attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LindaC78

What is the name of your state? Missouri. I filed for divorce in August of 2004. My husband has caused nothing but trouble, including attempting to bust down my door and slice my throat...which resulted in a restraining order. We have an 8 year old child that we are going to mediation over. I am extremely unhappy with the attorney I hired. I have already paid him over $2000.00. What are my options as far as a new attorney? I don't have the money to shell out again. Thank you.

gatorguy3

You have the option of keeping this attorney or firing him/her and hiring another one. There are so many bad attorneys out there but if care is taken you can find a good one. Consultation fees vary while most attorneys or law firms will only charge $100 for consultation. You will have to do some homework.

I have one rule with attorneys. When they can't get done what I think should be done within the law. I fire them unless they can prove to me I am wrong by showing me the law they are referencing. That is probably why I have had the same attorney since 1976. 5 divorces, 14 dui's, and quite a number of questions and answers I needed to find out about. I did however have a large lawsuit that my personnel attorney could not handle and I fired three law firms before finding one that new what they were doing. This is your future not his. Kick him where it hurts, get his attention and tell him to get the job done, or hit the road, and seek counsel elsewhere. Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">