• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unhappy bride

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lynndefox

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

Hello, I have been with my husband since Nov. 2002. We were married in Nov. 2004. I have been a fulltime homemaker since having moved in with him in 2002. He is very controlling, not wanting me to work outside the home or have any friends. I cook, clean, do the laundry/ironing and mow the 1/2 acre yard. He promised me a car and other things which he now says we cannot afford. He makes 80k a year, has no debt except his house, 2 credit cards utilities and insurance. He gave me a credit card to use for small purchases such as groceries. My question is if I decide to leave, can I go to the bank and get a cash advance on the credit card w/o having to be legally responsible for paying it back? This card has a 9,500. cash advance limit on it with approx. 8,500. avail. He has approx. 50k in stocks, IRA's and savings. Am I entitled to anything? Or should I just cut my losses and leave? Also, can I make him retain me on his company's health insurance until I am able to get on my feet elsewhere?

Thank you for your help. Sincerely, Lynn

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">