• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

untruth in complaint for divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

genesisjenna

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I had been married for one month when, with my husbands permission, I went 30 miles away to visit, over night with my two aging sisters.

While there, my husband had my cell phone turned off, and when I returned home, he had locked all windows and put boards on the doors, making it seemingly impossible for me to re-enter the home.

He has filed for divorce, and the reason given in the complaint for divorce was: Plaintiff is guilty of gross marital misconduct making it unsafe for the plaintiff to reside in the home with her. I recieved the complaint for divorce, and have to answer the complaint. I don't have any money, nor am I guilty of any form of marital misconduct. How do I answer the complaint, and what will happen if I don't?

Thank You

Respectfully,
JLNWhat is the name of your state?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I had been married for one month when, with my husbands permission, I went 30 miles away to visit, over night with my two aging sisters.

While there, my husband had my cell phone turned off, and when I returned home, he had locked all windows and put boards on the doors, making it seemingly impossible for me to re-enter the home.

He has filed for divorce, and the reason given in the complaint for divorce was: Plaintiff is guilty of gross marital misconduct making it unsafe for the plaintiff to reside in the home with her. I recieved the complaint for divorce, and have to answer the complaint. I don't have any money, nor am I guilty of any form of marital misconduct. How do I answer the complaint, and what will happen if I don't?

Thank You

Respectfully,
JLNWhat is the name of your state?
If you don't answer, he "wins" by default.

If you don't want to hire an attorney, you could study a lot and learn how to handle this divorce yourself. If there are no kids and not much money, it should be fairly easy enough. :)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Plaintiff is guilty of gross marital misconduct making it unsafe for the plaintiff to reside in the home with her. I recieved the complaint for divorce, and have to answer the complaint.
State: Plaintiff is guilty of marital misconduct. It is unsafe for Defendant to reside with Plaintiff and hence Plaintiff should be removed from the marital home.
Defendant hereby countersues for spousal support due to Plaintiff's admitted marital misconduct and sole possession of the marital home. Defendant also requests a psychological evaluation to be performed on Plaintiff in order that he be treated so that he is no longer a danger to himself or others.

Defendant further requests a restraining order against Plaintiff as Plaintiff is admittedly unsafe for Defendant to be around per Plaintiff's own complaint.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If you don't answer, he "wins" by default.

If you don't want to hire an attorney, you could study a lot and learn how to handle this divorce yourself. If there are no kids and not much money, it should be fairly easy enough. :)
He has not alleged anything about her though. He has alleged a bunch of stuff about himself. I want to see him "win" a judgment based on the fact that HE is unsafe to be around.

Silverplum

He has not alleged anything about her though. He has alleged a bunch of stuff about himself. I want to see him "win" a judgment based on the fact that HE is unsafe to be around.
Sorry, I meant the whole divorce filing -- if she sits on her hands and does nothing at all, he wins whatever he asks for by default.

:)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
OG - it's pretty clear that the OP made a mistake...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
OG - it's pretty clear that the OP made a mistake...
Or that HER HUSBAND made an error in filing. I answered per the info OP gave us. She stated that the Plaintiff is guilty of marital misconduct per the filings. Well if that is what it says exactly, my answer holds. I am not a mind reader.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Or that HER HUSBAND made an error in filing. I answered per the info OP gave us. She stated that the Plaintiff is guilty of marital misconduct per the filings. Well if that is what it says exactly, my answer holds. I am not a mind reader.
Fair enough :)

LdiJ

Hey, I would find not put it past someone filing pro se to state that the Plaintiff is guilty of marital misconduct and is not to be trusted around the spouse. LOL. :p
That honestly wouldn't surprize me either. Someone crazy enough to board up doors, would be crazy enough to mess up the paperwork that badly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">