• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Updates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Florida

I (finally!) had my dissolution of marriage hearing this morning in front of a Magistrate (who was really really nice by the way). My STBX didn't call in and he hasn't sent in any paperwork either. So the Magistrate awarded the divorce to me, it's just a matter of formalities now - such as sending the proposed order to my STBX and me and then filing it with the court clerk. It's a matter of days now - WOOHOO !! He said I could already use my previous last name again except change my drivers license and social security card and other things such as bank accounts, I have to wait for the final judgment. I'm so happy that this is finally (almost) over !! My STBX called me this afternoon to find out how it went in court this morning - he was actually nice on the phone and we had a decent conversation - go figure :)

My boyfriend's STBX called him today and started all kinds of crap with him - in regards to the "debt" that is actually HER pre-marital debt, not as she claims marital debt. She said that she sent in paperwork to the court today - 8 days after his hearing in regards to his dissolution of marriage. I don't think that the mail "is going to make it on time" to the court to be considered in the first place. It's all just a bunch of past-due notices and no real "proof" that the credit cards were used after they were married - which they weren't. I doubt that the magistrate is going to be satisfied with the "hard proof" that his STBX sent in - past-due notices that only have an amount and no dates on it - that she requested for the case to be continued. His STBX called back a second time and stated that his dog had died. What a vindictive and vicious woman she is !!

My question is in regards to the "proof" that the Magistrate requires. Does anyone know what is actually considered "hard proof" (that's the Magistrate's words)?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">