• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using a revoked Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

strucklls

What is the name of your state? California

Before I filed for a divorce my soon to be ex-wife had a power of Attorney, to use in my absence, due to my active service in Iraq. Soon after returning I filed for divorce and the Power of Attorney was revoked. In court she asked if she could refinance the house and was told that she could not due to the pending divorce. As usual she didn't listen and used the revoked power of attorney to remove my name from the home and made the property her sole and seperate property. She was fully aware that the power of attorney had been revoked and obtained a home loan fraudulently. At this point I don't know what I can do, or what can be done. Help

LdiJ

strucklls said:
What is the name of your state? California

Before I filed for a divorce my soon to be ex-wife had a power of Attorney, to use in my absence, due to my active service in Iraq. Soon after returning I filed for divorce and the Power of Attorney was revoked. In court she asked if she could refinance the house and was told that she could not due to the pending divorce. As usual she didn't listen and used the revoked power of attorney to remove my name from the home and made the property her sole and seperate property. She was fully aware that the power of attorney had been revoked and obtained a home loan fraudulently. At this point I don't know what I can do, or what can be done. Help
Ok....I hope you have an attorney (and if not, get one ASAP)...however its not as bad as it sounds. She committed fraud in doing what she did so in the end the property settlement is going to reflect that... if you are properly represented. In the end you will get your fair share of the equity.

BelizeBreeze

Well now, let's think about this...

what should you do?

Have you thought about filing criminal fraud charges against her with the District Attorney?

Have you thought about suing the title company for fraud? Fraudulent transfer?

Have you thought about filing criminal contempt against her with the divorce court?

Have you THOUGHT?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">