• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicle problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jjakke01

What is the name of your state? i am in mississippi and my question is if there is a way to take my name off of the car acct. and have it put in my x's name? she is liable for the pymt, and it is hers(by the divorce decree), but the vehicle is still in my name. she won't try to get it in her name so is there any way that i can go about doing it without having to pay court fees or anything?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jjakke01 said:
What is the name of your state? i am in mississippi and my question is if there is a way to take my name off of the car acct. and have it put in my x's name? she is liable for the pymt, and it is hers(by the divorce decree), but the vehicle is still in my name. she won't try to get it in her name so is there any way that i can go about doing it without having to pay court fees or anything?

My response:

Outside of going back to court, there is no way to do this unless she's willing to voluntarily refinance the vehicle, or sell it. If you take her back to court, she's going to get slapped for "Contempt of Court" along with an order to sell the vehicle.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">