• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Recovery after divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carcare1

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Before getting divorced my Ex and I had 2 cars, in the divorce my Ex gave up all her rights, title, etc to both cars because she could not afford the payments and her sister was going to give her a car, 6 months later. So I let her use the car until then. October came and her sister could not give her a car.

I continued to let her use it, but my car is now unusable because of the condition and my Ex will not give me the other car which she gave up her rights to.

I do have a key to the car, but the registration, insurance, etc. is in her name. The car is in a joint loan which I pay for. I want to just go take the car but I don't want the get arrested.

What are my options?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">