• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

popeye0918

What is the name of your state? California

I am divorcing my wife, she has a vehicle, in her name that we paid off while married. She bought the vehicle while we were engaged. We bought a truck over a year ago, while married to replace me Jeep that was mine before she came into my life. The Jeep was sold during the marriage. The truck was financed in her name due to loan rates and the ease of financing. Now we are divorcing and the truck is to old to re-finance in my name and it has to many miles on it as well. I've offered to pay double the payments which would allow the loan to be paid in full within the next 18 months but the divorce should be final in the next month. Does anyone now of any case or reference where a party in a divorce was awarded a vehicle financed in the other parties name? Thanks for any help.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes and you will be required to refinance or trade it in on a vehicle solely in your name. At least that is normally how it works.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">