• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visiting family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

enanop

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama
my wife and i are divorcing. i have temporary custody and she is still allowed to live in the house with me and the kids.
if her parents come over, while she's not there, at her request, do i have the right to tell them to leave my house? i don't want them there without her... it is very uncomfortable for me.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
my wife and i are divorcing. i have temporary custody and she is still allowed to live in the house with me and the kids.
if her parents come over, while she's not there, at her request, do i have the right to tell them to leave my house? i don't want them there without her... it is very uncomfortable for me.
you have the right to do that...

Just Blue

Ahh...Yes you have the "right", but you should try to overcome your discomfort and keeps thing as balanced and normal for the children as possible. Unless the GP's pose a threat or they are outright nasty to you in front of the children, you really should allow the visit.

mistoffolees

what if i say to leave and they say she told them they could be there?
If she's not in the house and you are, then your wishes would prevail.

But, again, you should really try to live with it since it's much better for the kids at many, many levels. Go read a book in your bedroom until they're gone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">