• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A void marriage in Jamaica

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

savlamar76

What is the name of your state?Wv
I was married in the US from July 2001 until January 2003, during the time of my seperation I was in Jamaica and married there to a Jamaican citizen on November 2002. Because my previous marriage was not terminated the marriage is not valid in the US or in Jamaica, right? How do I obtain documentation stating that the marriage in Jamaica is void in Jamaica and in the US. It is impossible to get a divorce in Jamaica because as soon as the fact arrises that my previous marriage had not ended the divorce proceeding will halt, this is what a Jamaican lawyer told me. They also said the marriage is void, but How can I recieve documentation to state this to prove that I am free to marry again in the United States?

Thanks

Shay-Pari'e

What is the name of your state?Wv
I was married in the US from July 2001 until January 2003, during the time of my seperation I was in Jamaica and married there to a Jamaican citizen on November 2002. Because my previous marriage was not terminated the marriage is not valid in the US or in Jamaica, right? How do I obtain documentation stating that the marriage in Jamaica is void in Jamaica and in the US. It is impossible to get a divorce in Jamaica because as soon as the fact arrises that my previous marriage had not ended the divorce proceeding will halt, this is what a Jamaican lawyer told me. They also said the marriage is void, but How can I recieve documentation to state this to prove that I am free to marry again in the United States?

Please do not marry again, especially in the states. You do realize you committed a criminal act right? So your not happy with the new hubby and think this is your "EASY OUT"?

Think Again!

Thanks[/QUOTE]

AHA

Your problem isn't a legal issue. Your problem is overcoming your marriage addiction, after 2 failures, maybe you should just date and not rush into the 3rd mistake. There are ways to survive without being someone's spouse. Standing on your own 2 feet and providing and prospering on you own accord is a thing to be more proud of than a stack of divorce decrees and a pennyless pocket.

rmet4nzkx

Bigamy is a felony in West Virginia The average cost for the public defender's office to defend the case if you qualify is $551.90 You will need to take care of that before you can get your other divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">