• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wa divorce law- re pregnancy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chickygirlie

I have been separated from my husband for over 2 years now. He lives in California, I live in Washington and we haven't spoken for 2 years (pretty much since I left). I am filing for divorce and have completed all of the necessary forms, etc, but I noticed a part of the dissolution form that disturbed me. It asks if a) the wife (me) is pregnant and b) states if the husband is or isn't the father. Now, I am engaged to a great guy and I am pregnant (by him) and due in a few weeks. Our wedding is in Aug, so I really need to file for this divorce ASAP as there is a 90 day waiting period (otherwise I would just wait to have the baby before filing). Does anyone know if, under Washington law, being pregnant will make a difference in a dissolution petition? I know Washington is a no-fault state, but if it matters, the reason I left my husband in the first place is because he had an affair with someone and she had his baby (while we were still together). I appreciate any input anyone has in this matter. Thanks!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">