• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

waiting period???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kdowd771

divorce witnesses

What is the name of your state? Texas
Ok this might sound stupid but I am going through a jury trial divorce here. I have posted some other threads regarding it but I have this new question. My wife and I went to conseling prior to me filing for divorce. While I was attending a session by myself the counselor informed me he felt my wife had a borderline psychological personality disorder. Basically he read off the 10 signs of this dis-order, If you have 2 of them you have a problem Well I counted 4 possible 5 of the signs she possessed.
SInce he is only a COUNSELOR and not a psychiatrist or psychologist can he be used in court? We have no kids, little assests and a huge amount of debt and she wants a jury trial. SHe has come up with 47 people as witnessess!!! Most of them are out of state. My parents included. If she were to call them ( and I believe she will) do they have to pay the bill to fly here? They live in NJ. Also if someone is called as a witness and they miss work can the person who calls them be liable for missed wages? She has got people I have not even met before as witnesses!! How can someone who has never even seen the 2 of us together testify about how our relationship was???

How can this jury trial be kicked out? 47 witnesses for a case that everyone I have talked to should take 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours in court. I filed 17 months ago also.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">