• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Waiver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robodoom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
PA

My husband filed for divorce and I have been sent a letter from his attorney with a Waiver of Notice of Intention to Request Entry of a Divorce Decree under Section 3301 C and 3301 D of the PA Divorce Code.

He is pressuring me to sign this form. My understanding under PA law section 3301 D is that he can still get his divorce even of I dopn't sign the paper since we have been separated for greater than 2 years. Is this in fact the way this works? I did not want the divorce and I therefore do not want to sign in agreement to this. Please Advise. Thanks

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
PA

My husband filed for divorce and I have been sent a letter from his attorney with a Waiver of Notice of Intention to Request Entry of a Divorce Decree under Section 3301 C and 3301 D of the PA Divorce Code.

He is pressuring me to sign this form. My understanding under PA law section 3301 D is that he can still get his divorce even of I dopn't sign the paper since we have been separated for greater than 2 years. Is this in fact the way this works? I did not want the divorce and I therefore do not want to sign in agreement to this. Please Advise. Thanks
Even without knowing PA law, it's safe to say that anyone who wants a divorce can eventually get one. You can not prevent the divorce from happening.

The problem with signing a waiver is that you're probably also waiving any rights that you might have. The waiver could say that you get no alimony, no property, or no child support.

NEVER sign an agreement without reading it and understanding what it means. If you don't understand it, hire an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">