• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Waiver of Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ernie7576

undefined
What is the name of your state? Texas

My soon to be exwife gave me papers and told me they needed to be notorized and signed by me. The papers say Waiver of Citation. I don't exactly know what it means. Can someone tell me. I don't want to just sign something without knowing what it is. I don't want to be tricked into anything. We are not fighting over anything, so does this mean that I am agreeing to the divorce?

Ernie7576 said:
undefined

My soon to be exwife gave me papers and told me they needed to be notorized and signed by me. The papers say Waiver of Citation. I don't exactly know what it means. Can someone tell me. I don't want to just sign something without knowing what it is. I don't want to be tricked into anything. We are not fighting over anything, so does this mean that I am agreeing to the divorce?
If you aren't sure, you could get an attorney to review those papers.

LdiJ

Ernie7576 said:
undefined

In Texas a "waiver of citation" simply means that you are agreeing that you don't need to be formally "served" with the paperwork. If you don't sign it, then she will have to get someone to formally "serve" you. The divorce can't get started until you either sign the waiver of citation or get formally served.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">