• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

want ot divorce an inmate in another state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

irish11951k

here is myproblem,I filed the papers necessary ,paid the local county sheriff to serve while inmate was in this state,they laged and now he has been taken to Ohio ,problem is I doN't know where ,there were holders from 4 different counties,waht is my nest step..I am dooing this without the help of a lawyer...

D

dorenephilpot

You need to go do some research at a big library or a bookstore on do-it-yourself divorce because it sounds like you are unaware of some of the basic concepts here.

You don't necessarily have to give actual service to your spouse.

In some states, you can do service by publication (which means running a legal notice ad).

I

irish11951k

I am aware that I can put the notice in the papers but do I need an attorney for any ofthis process,also what do I need to do ot get the papers served in Ohio,he can"t be that hard to track he is afteral incarcerated....

D

dorenephilpot

Yes, you can always do your own legal work.

Whether that's advisable or not is another issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">