• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wasint cheaper2keepher,what can she take?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cynco

What is the name of your state? california
Hi there,Dang its never a good thing but she filed for divorce after not even close to two years.im a male 26 and own my home.ive owned it before even meeting her and she is not on title nor was she the one writing the checks for payment.Also i will be recieving a large inheritance of money in a month or two,What is she entitled to have/recieve of mine and how hard would it be for her to get it? Shes unemployed and has left the home 4months ago w address change and been on a rental contract.No filing has been done til recently and also is annulment an option 4 us? thank you so much for your time this is a great resource

LdiJ

cynco said:
What is the name of your state? california
Hi there,Dang its never a good thing but she filed for divorce after not even close to two years.im a male 26 and own my home.ive owned it before even meeting her and she is not on title nor was she the one writing the checks for payment.Also i will be recieving a large inheritance of money in a month or two,What is she entitled to have/recieve of mine and how hard would it be for her to get it? Shes unemployed and has left the home 4months ago w address change and been on a rental contract.No filing has been done til recently and also is annulment an option 4 us? thank you so much for your time this is a great resource
An annulment is usually more complicated and expensive than a divorce. Hopefully someone well versed in CA property settlement issues will answer you....however a consult with a local attorney would probably be wise.

I live in Idaho and am not Familiar with CA law, but I have been divorced a number of times. Here if you owned it before you married her and can prove it, such as a previous divorce decree, current deed then you can prove you owned the property previous to marriage. Here all you had before the marriage should go to you. I also was waiting for a personal injury settlement and my ex was not entitled to any of it. Just my opinion but I would get a lawyer to make sure all papers are written up carfully so as not to have anything come back to haunt you. You will however have to worry about anything that was bought during the marriage. Anything she is taking and money is still owed on insist she refinance it or it will turn into a headache if and when she falls behind on the payments. I am not an attorney just someone that has been there before. Good Luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">