• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

we need help and answers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ralphw

hello,
I plan on talking to a lawyer about this, but was hoping someone would know from experience
what may happen.
I met a woman online over a year ago. She was just starting to get a divorce going from a
controlling mentally abusive husband. We became great friends. I drove down here to meet her in
early this year. After several meetings we decided that we wanted to pursue the relationship. her
divorce is in the courts now. He knows about me and is naturally upset that she didn't wait to
pursue this with me. in March I relocated down here and found a good job. We have had a
wonderful relationship. They have 2 children together 8 and 10 year old girls. she has always been
the caregiver and a stay at home mom. He has never taken any part in their care. Now as a
revenge thing(Said hes going to ruin her). is going for full custody of the kids. she is scared to
death about losing them. he hired a PI to investigate me. he seems to think he has something on
me to show i am a threat to his kids. The court ordered them to go to forensic
evaluations. He told the evaluator about me and that he found some things about me that make
me out to be an unfit future caregiver for his kids. the evaluator wanted to talk to me. Well her
lawyer suggested we end the relationship and I not talk to the evaluator and defend myself. this
has me upset because there is nothing in my past to warrant this. We decided to stay apart and try
and weather the storm. which is very hard on both of us. Extremly hard. I certainly don't want her
to lose the kids. I certainly don’t want tolose her or her lose me.
I have never met her kids and we didn't plan on that until after the divorce was final. And then it
was going to be a slow process
He told
the court that I was going to move into the house as soon as the divorce was final which is
absolutely false. this guy is full of spite and vengeance. he calls my phone about 10-15 times a day
and leaves strange and odd messages.

I guess what my question is...Can the custody be decided on
this?
And most importantly will we be able to persue our relationship after the divorce is done
without the fear of her losing her kids?

Can A judge order her not to see me?

Can seeing her now hurt her chances?

This guy really hates me and would like nothing more than to ruin this relationship. thanks for
anything you can do. we simply can’t give up on this relationship we’ve come to far to lose it
now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">